(Not my image, found on google all rights go to Cosmopolitan)
I am an ardent feminist. I cannot STAND chauvinist, sexist pigs. (I’m sorry that’s an insult to a perfectly nice animal) So I decided to find some of my favourite quotes and I’ve narrowed it down to 10 quotes which are majorly awesome!
- “My coach said I ran like a girl, and I said if he ran a little faster he could too.”-Mia Hamm
- “Feminism has fought no wars. It has killed no opponents. It has set up no concentration camps, starved no enemies, practiced no cruelties. Its battles have been for education, for the vote, for better working conditions, for safety in the streets, for child care, for social welfare, for rape crisis centres, women’s refuges, reforms in the law. If someone says, ‘Oh, I’m not a feminist’, I ask, ‘Why? What’s your problem?”-Dale Spender
- “I know, I know, I’m standing up for myself I am such a bitch.”-a picture of a sign at a women’s rally on Pinterest.
- “Feminism is not a dirty word. It does not mean you hate men, it does not mean you hate girls that have nice legs and a tan, and it does not mean you are a bitch or a dyke, it means that you believe in equality”-Kate Nash
- “If you believe in equality, you’re a feminist. Sorry to tell you.”-Emma Watson
- “We cannot all succeed when half of us are held back”-Malala
- “My body my choice”-Zolita in ‘Fight Like a Girl’ and lots of women’s signs at women’s marches.
- “A feminist is a person who believes in the power of women just as much as they believe in the power of anyone else. It’s equality, it’s fairness and I think it’s a great thing to be a part of”-Zendaya
- “Feminism is the radical notion that women are human beings.”-Cheris Kramerae
- “You can be a woman who wants to look good and still stand up for the equality of women.”-Meghan Markle
(I don’t own this image either all rights go to the owner)
So, there you have it, 10 badass feminist quotes! What are your favourite feminist quotes? Tell me in the comments. (Heres hoping at least one person comments!) See you awesome feminists soon!