Festive peppermint bark is delicious at this time of the year (and at any other time!) but if you’re not a peppermint fan then you can always substitute the candy canes for a bag of boiled sweets.
You will need:
3 mini peppermint candy canes
250g of white chocolate
300g of milk chocolate
- Melt the milk chocolate in the microwave for 30 seconds because, lets be real here, nobody has time for the hob to heat it up and the pan to catch fire and the spoon to melt and your house to burn down so you have to re evaluate your life.
- Stir the chocolate, pour it into a tin and sigh with relief that you avoided all of the dangers of actually cooking it.
- Put it in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Place the candy canes in a sandwich bag and seal the top. Place it on a chopping board and bring out the rolling pin.
- Murder those innocent peppermint sweets with bangs, bashes, boshes and kablashes. (Make sure the bag is definitely shut first or your dealing with a mess)
- Melt the white chocolate the same way as the milk and stir it. Pour half of it on top of the milk chocolate.
- distribute half of the crushed candy canes on top and then mix the rest of the candy canes with the other half. Pour those on top for a rough, natural look and refrigerate for 20-30 minutes until hard.
- Pop the candy out of the tray and break into lots of pieces
- Arrange on a china plate with a light sprinkling of sifted icing sugar.
- Eat. 😛
I hope you enjoy these sweet delights and that your Christmas is filled with festive cheer!